We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Contributions Specialist role with a world leader in providing strategic intelligence to companies and professionals. This is a permanent position based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The Contributions Specialist will work within a team to source business defined contributed data and ensure our Client’s products have the FI, FX & Money Market content that meets the local market requirements. The role requires someone to engage with internal and external customers, understand their content requirements and then work with the key stakeholders and delivery groups to see that content is added to Company products.
The job holder has responsibility for building and managing relationships with suppliers of the contributed data across South Africa and Southern Africa countries, and for bringing new contributed data into the company in line with defined business targets. You will need to be a great communicator, have knowledge of the regional OTC market, well organized and with a proven ability to meet challenging targets.
- Develop strong working relationships with existing contributors
- Proactively manage existing contributed data sets to ensure that the data is maintained to a high quality
- Resolve problems associated with contributions
- Look for opportunities to expand the current data offering with the addition of new markets and instruments
- Work with the Business, Sales and Account teams to find new contacts and build relationships with new suppliers that have been identified as important new targets by the Business Division
- Conduct negotiations with new suppliers for new content sets
- Initiate the creation of new content and liaise with the relevant groups to see that content added to our products
- Maximise the value of regional content and provide input into product discussions around Navigation, Content display, Models and Calculators.
- Provide regional expertise on OTC Market Content, use initiative and proactively seek solutions.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Back office bank experience required
- Experience in the financial markets or experience in serving the financial markets
- Deep domain knowledge of FX and Electronic trading
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong knowledge of the regional OTC market
- Proven ability to meet challenging targets