We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Portfolio Development role with a global biotechnology company specialising in antibodies and related products. This is a permanent position that can be based out of the United Kingdom or Massachusetts, USA.
The Director of Portfolio Development is responsible for leading the Company’s strategy on strategic portfolio development of externally sourced products. You will be responsible for understanding the strengths and opportunities within the existing product portfolio, understanding the market and the needs of consumers, as well as identifying opportunities to bring additional products into the portfolio at scale and closing complex deals to secure long term access to products, including closing in-licensing deals and portfolio acquisitions, on aggressive timelines.
- Utilise market and business understanding and market intelligence via networks of internal and external resources, to identify, evaluate and close business opportunities for portfolio growth, consistent with strategic objectives.
- Set the long-range strategy for at scale new product acquisition across all product categories in line with strategic initiatives, targeting a 10-100 fold increase in throughput in priority areas.
- Design and build out the Portfolio Development team, providing leadership, direction and development to the existing team of Portfolio Development Managers, specifically around in-licensing.
- Implement a process of continual improvement of the existing portfolio to address consumer needs.
- Lead a creative approach to closing complex, new business deals on aggressive timelines.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a BSc in biological sciences or equivalent would be necessary and a PhD would be a bonus.
- Demonstrate solid leadership experience in business development in the Biotech/Pharma or Diagnostics industry (ideally also some experience within technology transfer offices).
- Extensive experience of closing commercial in-licensing deals and complete portfolio acquisitions.
- Experience in all approaches to antibody development and antibody applications.
- Proven ability to establish strong working relationships internally and externally.
- The ability to communicate and present findings and recommendations effectively will be key to this role.