We are currently seeking qualified candidates for an EMEA Head of Sales role with a dynamic and rapidly expanding biotech company specialising in Synthetic Biology. This is a permanent position that will preferably be based out of the Golden Triangle region of the UK, though other European locations will be considered.
Leading an expanding field sales team, the Head of Sales for the EMEA region will be responsible for building customer relationships and promoting the technologies, services and products to achieve or exceed sales and profit targets. The Head of Sales will be accountable for ensuring sales plans are in place and aligned to the strategic objectives of the Company, and recruiting, coaching and developing their team to ensure successful achievement of these. The position will form part of worldwide commercial organization and will be required to work cross functionally within this to ensure customer needs are met.
- Develop and execute a strategic and tactical sales plan for the EMEA region to ensure revenue objectives are met.
- Build and maintain a high-performance sales team through recruitment, coaching and development.
- Comply with deadlines on required elements of personal administration of the sales team including, but not limited to consistent maintenance of the CRM system (Saleforce.com) and expenses
- Submit internal reports as required including weekly sales forecasts.
- Work to drive licensing of technologies, and actively promote core products and service offerings.
- Work closely with the marketing teams to provide support and guidance on required activities.
- Provide role model leadership and management activity including coaching, goal setting and effective delegation to stretch and develop team competencies.
- Ensure sales representatives comply with company procedures and policies.
- Review, maintain and manage delivery against key performance indicators. To include, but not limited to, sales performance, call planning, call rate and opportunity management and follow up.
- Effectively leverage the strengths and breadth of the organization by building and maintaining an effective network of connections within the Company.
- Maintain a high level of business knowledge relevant to the EMEA region including competitor activity and market trends.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in in Biological Sciences essential (minimum class 2:1).
- 3 years of leadership of a field based sales team with evidence of top and bottom line growth, while managing high and low performing individuals.
- Experience in mammalian expression/bioproduction systems and/or gene therapy and/or virology would be an advantage.
- A high level of business acumen and commercial understanding within a sales environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading, developing and managing performance of a remote team.
- Ability to quickly understand highly technical concepts and then explain these and their benefits to others.
- The ability to define a clear vision for the team and lead through change.
- Excellent organizational and team work skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Role model strategic selling, negotiating, and project management skills.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and CRM software.
- The ability to travel to approximately 50% of the time.