We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a LIS Analyst role with a global leader in Immunodiagnostics. This is a permanent position that will be based out of the Greater Austin Area, Texas, USA.
The Laboratory Information System (LIS) will provide additional leadership and will be responsible for the administration of the LIS system, laboratory instrument communications management and database management. The LIS Analyst helps manage the day-to-day operations of the LIS and will serve as one of the primary contacts for lab users regarding any laboratory IT systems.
- Manage routine and urgent communications with LIS vendors.
- Provide connectivity and interfacing for new instruments to the laboratory systems.
- Update LIS settings while following a strict change control process (Documentation, Validation in Test System).
- Develop LIS customizations according to lab needs.
- Manage user access to lab data systems.
- Coordinate directly with client offices and vendors for EMR/EHR interfacing.
- Identify and remedy lab issues in an efficient and timely manner.
- Manage database development for lab services.
- Provide guidance to vendors for development projects and change requests.
- Manage project timelines and budgets.
- Maintain data integrity of databases between multiple systems.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures to maintain compliance.
- Supports a 24/7 operation on-site and remotely via mobile device after hours.
- Works with a minimal budget.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- Preferred PMP certified.
- Medical Laboratory Scientist license preferred
- Experience with Laboratory Information Systems administration and development in a clinical laboratory environment is required.
- Experience with Seacoast Surround Lab is a plus.
- Experience with Laboratory Information System implementation preferred.
- Experience with Laboratory Billing preferred. Experience with Telcor a plus.
- Experience with instrument management middleware administration is required. Experience with Data Innovations Instrument Manager is a plus (ASTM)
- Experience with Electronic Medical/Health Record (EMR or EHR) Systems interfacing is a plus (HL-7)
- Experience with managing a database development team is a plus. Programming and database scripting/querying experience is a major plus.
- Proficient knowledge of network hardware and network routing.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows Server environments including Active Directory and Exchange.
- Key Attributes: Must have great written and communication skills (Be able to adjust to the audience). Should be visionary yet pragmatic, collaborative (High EQ), coachable, and strong attention to detail.