We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Business Development Director role with a leading provider of contract manufacturing services to the Biopharmaceutical and Pharmaceutical industries. This is a permanent position based out of Singapore.
Generate significant revenue and margin growth through proactive Sales & Business Development activities for a portfolio that includes High Purity Excipients, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient services, other high value formulation solutions and small & large-scale potent manufacturing.
- Identification of new sales opportunities through direct customer contacts, conferences, web site inquiries, cold calls, etc.
- Work closely with key functional development team members and legal counsel to develop comprehensive project proposals.
- Regularly report on progress against all plans, customer visits, and lead generation activities, and provide accurate demand forecasts. Capture all leads and progress against targets in CRM.
- Work with Vice President to develop strong Value Proposition for client presentations that fully describes the firm’s excipient solutions and custom manufacturing capabilities to deliver HPE & API business growth and raise awareness of the firm’s capabilities in the industry.
- Employ an appropriate set of market research tools to target new business opportunities.
- Travel in accordance with meeting objectives & metrics set forth by VP Sales & Marketing
- Revenue increase per annum of >10%, while maintaining gross margins through direct selling of products and services, supporting customer development projects in cooperation with R&D, and garnering increased market share with existing clients.
- Enhance and deepen business relationships with key biopharmaceutical customers.
- Broaden customer base and fill project pipeline.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong academic degree in a science, preferably related to chemistry/biochemistry/biotechnology, with a proven track record of technical expertise and previous independent sales and marketing leadership skills.
- Previous experience selling parenteral excipients. Experience selling API and custom manufacturing services is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years in the pharma/biopharma sector, with a solid working knowledge of the service sector business, including corresponding technical and regulatory demands.
- Proven track record of delivering strong sales growth
- Ability to work effectively both internally and externally with employees and customers to achieve all sales and marketing objectives using a strong set of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess a good working knowledge of all relevant ICH Q7 guidelines and be capable of preparing detailed proposals for customer review.
- Must be familiar with all standard legal requirements and capable of working with internal or external counsel to achieve internal and customer related legal goals to execute contracts.
- Position requires sound judgement and creative thinking abilities using a clear strategic approach and the ability to prepare and give on-message presentations internally and externally.
- Must be a team player yet must possess the ability to work independently to accomplish all job-related goals.
- Excellent writing and strong computer skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Availability to travel extensively within the territory