We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Sales position with the Protein Detection segment of a leading global multinational life sciences company. This is a permanent position that will be based out of Northern Germany.
The Protein Sales Specialist is responsible for capital equipment, reagent and other ELISAs/RIAs sales throughout the assigned territory. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Sales, Central & Northern Europe.
- Selling the assigned capital equipment and associated reagents, according to Company Bioscience priorities within an assigned territory.
- Developing and implementing sales strategies and tactics for meeting revenue goals and increasing general awareness of the Company within key accounts.
- Manages all aspects related to sales, including but not limited to: prospecting, qualifying leads, quoting, demonstrating equipment, maintaining a database, and closing orders.
- Effectively manages high-level technical discussions with key customers to ensure understanding and adoption of products and services within his/her areas of responsibility. The individual must be able to communicate complex scientific concepts in a concise and effective manner, especially when speaking publicly (often through technical seminars).
- Develops and strengthens customer relationships at a variety of levels within an organization to enhance awareness and adoption of all Company products and services.
- Maximizes the benefit of close collaboration with the Instrument Field Application Specialists PD (iFAS PD) to prepare, coordinate, and execute successful equipment demonstrations at customer sites.
- Demonstrates excellent teamwork with the Account Manager team, Strategic Liaison Team and Inside Sales Account Managers team to ensure that product opportunities are being recognized and managed appropriately in a team sales approach.
- Analysis of accounts & territory sales data is performed regularly and shared with line manager in order to:
- Provide accurate forecasts and detailed comments when requested, and
- Define and implement immediate corrective actions and future priorities.
- Fully utilize all tools (e.g., SFDC, Lotus Notes DB’s, Web) to prepare calls, maintain and update records, and increase selling efficiency.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- MS or PhD in biological sciences with three or more years of work experience preferred.
- Skilled in immunoassays and protein detection and in the operation of respective platforms.
- Demonstrated understanding of data analysis and statistics.
- Experience in capital equipment and reagent/consumable sales.
- Two to five years proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales targets. Preferably a minimum of two years in a major account management role within a Life Sciences Company, or a proven business/sales development track record calling at a progressively responsible level, including senior executives. Preference given to candidates with business-to-business sales experience.
- Willingness to travel extensively to accomplish assigned objectives (50%).
- Demonstrated network of established relationships at the senior/executive management level within at least one of the Company’s market segments.
- Experience in delivering effective technical presentations to scientific researchers.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and persuasive communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience and success in preparing and implementing strategic business plans at a major account level.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate information appropriate to the level of the audience.
- Must have strong problem solving and computer skills, as well as demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software in a business environment.
- Strong desire to succeed and ability to execute on multiple tasks or projects.
- Fluent in German with excellent command of English.