We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Pricing Strategy role with a global biotechnology company specialising in antibodies and related products. This is a permanent position that will be based out of Cambridge, United Kingdom.
The Director of Strategic Pricing will innovate, design and implement the company’s global pricing strategy. They will report directly into the Director of Product Marketing, Supplier Management and Collaborations. This is a unique opportunity to work in a high-growth, fast-paced environment, and contribute by building the company’s pricing function to maximize the value of the company’s product portfolio.
This new, exciting, high profile role as Strategic Pricing Director, is responsible for leading the Company’s global strategy on pricing across its entire portfolio. As the ‘Pricing Knowledge Expert’ you will be responsible for presenting recommendations on strategic pricing policies to key stakeholders through data insight and analysis of market trends, and managing the development and delivery of the recommended strategies, along with their continuous monitoring and optimisation.
- Lead, develop, implement and monitor new pricing strategies across the business to maximise sales and profitability in line with Company targets.
- Develop Value modelling capability in pricing – preparing groundwork for dynamic, personalised pricing for our customers using predictive modelling and cutting edge statistical techniques.
- Design, develop and constantly adapt best-in-class pricing systems and price quotation tools, incorporating multiple internal and external data sources; while ensuring these both differentiate the Company from the competition and align to customer goals.
- Provide qualitative analysis and stress testing of pricing models.
- Implement a merchandising approach to increase cross selling opportunities through price optimization.
- Alongside divisional product and sales management, create structured pricing and discount policies including concept development, market testing and implementation. Work cross divisionally to provide pricing structures for both existing and launch brands.
- Lead regular price management reviews. Provide management with monthly KPIs reporting.
- Ensure standards are maintained on pricing to deliver consistency, ethicality and maximum profit generation.
- Act as a regional lead for all pricing related topics. Drive knowledge sharing.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Statistics, Economics, Maths or a numerate subject along with a proven track record in a strategic pricing role and establishing analytical approaches.
- Significant experience of price optimisation modelling, leading and implementing new pricing strategies and data gathering and manipulation.
- Solid understanding of conversion, retention and elasticity modelling.
- Experience within the life sciences sector is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent commercial acumen, with a proven ability to communicate at all levels in a corporate environment.
- Be able to present complex information in a structured and balanced manner.
- Strong numerical and analytical capabilities enable you to understand underlying behavioural trends and measure the results of marketing activity.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS-Office.
- Highly-motivated, forward thinker and enthusiastic team player.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and with the ability to meet strict deadlines and work within agreed budgets.