We are currently seeking qualified candidates for two Field Service Engineer roles with a global biotechnology, diagnostics and life science company. These are permanent positions with responsibility for accounts across the Netherlands and Belgium.
The FSE (Netherlands) role will focus on diagnostics instrumentation, and candidates for this role must be fluent in Dutch and English. The FSE (Belgium) role will focus on general life sciences instrumentation, and candidates for this role should be proficient in Dutch, French and English.
The FSE is responsible for assisting clients with Company products, ensuring the customer receives the best support for their needs. The FSE will be responsible for installation, training (after developing skills and experience), service and repair of company products at customer premises, and will escalate 2nd level issues when necessary.
- Responsible for executing all service activities on technical equipment, including but not exclusive to installation, maintenance, diagnosis, emergency repairs as planned by the local operation. This includes both Field and Workshop activities.
- Maximise equipment performance in line with guidelines and Specialist direction. Key to this is customer uptime, and satisfaction that the service visit meets their needs.
- Develop experience and ability through training and development on company products, leading to the potential to serve as a technical reference for more junior levels. Assist less experienced Field Service Engineers, providing on – the –job training and work direction
- Gain customer feedback by ensuring that at each call a customer feedback form is explained to the customer and left with them.
- Manage all administration tasks within a given time frame including Call feedback, expense claims and Technical updates and daily administration necessary to complete the role.
- Personal responsibility to stay up to date with the technological developments within the field of operation you are working in
- Liaise and work with local Sales teams to meet market and business requirements.
- To comply to the service training and manuals provided working at all times within the local health and safety guidelines, maintaining Quality standards through everything done.
- Represent Service as required at internal or external meetings
- After training and development there is the potential to be active in giving presentations
- Required to be flexible in job duties and cover when workload allows other functions within Service and Technical Support
- To be fully responsible for maintaining accurate records of personal parts inventory, ensuring the quality of all parts remain in the condition and packaging with parts numbers as received
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Technical degree
- Experience in a customer facing environment
- Experience with diagnostics and life sciences instrumentation and research
- Good time management skills, strong communication skills
- Up-to-date Computer knowledge in both software and hardware including but not exclusive to PC based systems and Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of English both verbal and written, critical is the ability to read and understand the English used for Training, Technical updates and also Service and Instrument Manuals.
- Strong Team player
- FSE Netherlands: fluent in Dutch and English
- FSE Belgium: proficient in French, Dutch and English