We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Sales Management role with a global biotechnology, diagnostics and life science company. This is a permanent, field-based position with responsibility for accounts across Belgium.
The Clinical Diagnostics Sales Manager will manage/lead the day-to-day activities of a regional sales team consisting of Account Managers and Sales Specialists. The Sales Manager will be responsible for delivering the business goals/objectives of the territory/business through the implementation/execution of agreed strategic/tactical sales plans in a timely fashion, balancing the need for immediate financial results with that of a longer term customer relationship for future growth.
Delivery of results will be primarily achieved through the implementation/creation of a strong coaching/personal development culture. This is focused at positioning the sales people to succeed by driving strong teamwork between account managers and product managers, development of product/market knowledge, with funnel management via strategic/tactical planning for accounts or individual sales cycles. The end result is to drive the development of strong commercial excellence throughout the sales team so as to position the Company for long term future growth within the Clinical Diagnostics market.
- Managing guiding and coaching members of their sales team as to how to plan/execute actions to effectively drive and deliver the commercial results they are responsible for.
- To effectively manage and develop the sales team
- Develop within their sales team a clear understanding/ability to deliver excellent funnel management achieved through balancing the four kinds of selling work (closing, prospecting, qualifying, developing) and thus build a business pipeline suitable to meet financial targets, both short term and long term. From this to be able to accurately forecast on a quarterly basis.
- To ensure that the sales team fully understands how to use Salesforce effectively and in line with the expectations of the company as its CRM business tool to manage the future sales pipeline by recording every sales opportunity (as per business guidelines) and to maintain/update Salesforce with respect to account & contact details, opportunity management, tasks & events, references and assets in an accurate/timely fashion.
- To work closely with the Northern European Sales Manager to develop/implement, the corporate/market specific, business strategy/tactics to deliver the commercial goals that are being set (market share/financial). This is to include market/competitive information and suggestions to identify/aid with the generation of new sales tools, along with any associated people development needs to enhance the delivery of commercial goals. Proactively feedback to the NE Sales Manager areas that are not working as originally expected to allow adjustment as necessary with input from marketing/product management.
- To positively drive the understanding/ability/responsibility of the sales team to enhance/develop the existing business by re-visiting key and reference customers with a particular focus on the company defined key application areas so as to achieve maximum revenues from the continual sale of instruments, whilst lead finding for new opportunities.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Academic degree in Science, preferably biotech.
- Experience with Clinical Diagnostics.
- Great understanding and experience of account management and how to develop existing business.
- Relevant experience from personal selling with documented good results.
- Strong interpersonal skills and evidence of developing/coaching colleagues either directly as a manager or indirectly in a matrix environment
- Comfortable managing complex sales situations with long lasting sales processes, different buyer types, difficult negotiations, tenders, etc.
- Good planning skills on defining business strategy/tactics to move sales cycle forward, attention to detail and experience with sales automation databases/CRM.
- Possessing the skills to develop external relationships at higher levels; purchasing officers, professors, opinion leaders and other decision makers.
- Experience of people management/leadership with an understanding of “situational leadership” and emotional intelligence so as to get the best from a team/individual in different circumstances.