We are currently seeking qualified candidates for an Account Director role with a leading global provider of Pharmaceutical, Nutrition and Functional Ingredients. This is a permanent, field-based role with responsibility for accounts across Germany, Austria, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe & Russia.
This position will have the responsibility for direct customer management, as well as providing technical sales service and support, for the Bioscience business in the assigned region. The role includes providing direct technical support to customers and responsibilities for customer relationships and new business development within the geography.
As Account Director, the primary responsibilities involve implementing the approved business development strategy for cell nutrition end uses while maintaining at least organic market growth rates on current customer formulations. As Technical Service Support, this person must understand our products and capabilities technically in order to support sales and work with the Global TSS members in Europe and Americas to provide efficient and effective customer solutions.
This role is responsible for development and support of new business, technically and commercially; and for communicating market needs for the territory to the business management team. Consequently, in conjunction with the leadership team, the individual is expected to execute a key customer development strategy within the region to achieve growth rates beyond market projections.
- Drive and implement the corporate strategy within the client portfolio
- Drive business from targeted accounts through a combination of face-to-face visits, teleconferences (internal and external), technical discussions and symposiums
- Map key contacts, decision makers, organizational structure, procedures, policies, and molecule/new product pipelines within Target Accounts
- Identify, qualify, and close profitable opportunities for our Cell Nutrition offering. Utilize Cross-selling and Up-selling in order to achieve the target
- Lead all open sales opportunities and act as a focal for internal and external interactions
- Successfully manage and deliver against individual and team sales targets with specified area of responsibility (e.g. region, key accounts)
- Understand customer’s business, their needs and goals and identify potential new business
- Identify market and competitor activity, product and industry developments and feedback this information to Sales Leadership.
- Use market intelligence to open up new channels of sales
- Measure and communicate progress against annual targets via accurate and timely reporting and forecasting. Identify gaps and develop a remediation plan as needed
- Identify general areas for improvements to maximize customer satisfaction & efficiencies, streamline processes, increase sales, improve delivery and product availability etc.
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues globally to best position the Company as their global business partner
- Comply with guidelines surrounding Company systems and other relevant policies
- Drive negotiation of commercial agreements and contracts
- To carry out specific additional tasks delegated by line manager
- Maintaining and developing existing base business.
- Targeting and winning new customers.
- Providing Technical expertise to the region.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Microbiology, Biochemistry or similar
- Fluent in French and English both written and spoken required; Italian and/or Spanish desirable
- Ability to interact effectively with customers (on a strategic, relationship, negotiation and technical level).
- Strong Commercial effectiveness – ability to understand customer needs, decide strategy and then negotiate large and/or complex deals including implementation of contracts
- Ability to communicate customer and market needs to colleagues
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues to provide customer technical solutions.
- Able to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Previous experience with selling or supporting Pharma components required. (Sales and /or Technical) Fermentation, cell culture or vaccine experience a plus.
- Must be capable of independently implementing strategy, influencing others and customer negotiation.
- Experienced PC user
- Full driving license