We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Quality Manager role with a leading global provider of Pharmaceutical, Nutrition and Functional Ingredients. This is a permanent position that will be based out of Cork, Ireland.
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for quality assurance & control of both raw materials and finished products for a specific unit operation. This role will provide guidance and on-going support to facilitate compliance with Quality / Regulatory policies, Food Safety Programs (HACCP) procedures and product specifications with a primary focus on the factory floor activities. The individual in this position will promote a high standard of awareness and understanding at site level of all appropriate policies, procedures and product specifications and direct all relevant continuous improvement initiatives.
- The Quality Manager will facilitate the development & implementation of Quality Standards by ensuring the necessary training and support is available to the value stream and other functional areas.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s global programmes and Global Quality Management System.
- Implement relevant quality related systems including:
- Validation programmes as required
- Environmental monitoring programmes
- Change control system
- Implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
- Other projects and responsibilities as may be defined
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with customers, external agencies, regulatory bodies and all relevant internal functions
- Prepare facility for quality audits and manage internal & external expectations
- Manage hygiene procedures and promote continuous improvement
- Devise and implement relevant changes to SOPs as required
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or higher in a Food Technology, Microbiology or a related Science related discipline.
- Knowledge of quality Systems: BRC6, ISO 22000:2005, ISO/TS 22022-1:2009 and FSSC 22000.
- Experience and knowledge of HACCP systems.
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing environment is essential
- Strong background in Food Safety and Quality Management Systems.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools.
- Excellent written, numerical and verbal skills.
- A demonstrated numerical ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement and change management initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, coaching and conflict management skills.